IELTS General Test – Passage 16: The Guardian Newspaper’s Travel Photography Competition reading with answers explanation, location and pdf. This reading paragraph has been taken from our huge collection of Academic & General Training (GT) Reading practice test PDFs.
The Guardian Newspaper’s Travel Photography Competition
The photo competition is back, giving you another chance to win an incredible trip to Swedish Lapland.
Do you have a camera and love travelling? If so, our annual photography competition run by the Travel section of The Guardian is for you. It’s an opportunity for you to capture the essence of the journeys you make, whether far afield or close to home, and for us to showcase your work online. The winner of each month’s competition will also see their shot mounted and displayed in the end-of-year exhibition for the public at The Guardian ‘s offices in London. Once the exhibition is finished, each monthly winner will receive a framed copy of their shot to place with pride on their own wall.
There will be a different theme for each month. Members of The Guardian travel writing team, and photographer Michael Ryan of Fotovue.com will judge the monthly entries and the overall winner.
To enter you must be living in the UK from the time you submit your entry into the competition to the time you are selected as a winner. The competition is open to all photographers (both amateur and professional).
The overall winner (chosen from the 12 monthly winners) will go on an amazing four night trip to Swedish Lapland. The host for this specialist holiday is Fredrik Broman, who has been a nature photographer for 21 years. Fredrik will assist the winner and other participants in photographing a wide variety of winter subjects. Each day has a specific focus. The trip includes winter light photography workshops, an image editing workshop, a night photography course, and an action photography workshop.
Included in the prize: return flights from the UK, four nights’ accommodation with full board, cold weather clothing for the duration of the trip – thermal overalls, winter boots, gloves, hats and woollen socks – fully qualified wilderness guides, and instructors.
The overall winner will be required to write a report of the trip, and take accompanying photographs, which will be printed in the Travel section of The Guardian at a later date. The Guardian reserves the right, however, to modify your report and photos as necessary. Your name will of course appear with the article and photos.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text?
In boxes 1-8 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
1. This is the first year that The Guardianhas run a travel photography competition.
2. Any photograph for the competition must have been taken on an overseas trip.
3. The end-of-year exhibition in London is free for the public to attend.
4. The judging panel is made up of a group of journalists and a professional photographer.
5. The trip to Swedish Lapland will only be offered to one winner.
6. Every activity on the trip is focused on improving photography techniques.
7. Anyone going on the trip may take some of the cold weather clothing home at the end of the trip.
8. Articles written about the trip may be changed before being published.
1) IELTS 13 READING PASSAGE – VANILLA: THE MOST WONDERFUL FLAVOUR ↗
2) IELTS 13 READING PASSAGE – OUR COMPANY NOTICES ↗
3) IELTS 13 READING PASSAGE – RUNNING HEADPHONES ↗
4) IELTS 13 READING PASSAGE – PREPARING FOR VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW ↗
5) IELTS 13 READING PASSAGE – TUNING UP YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS ↗
The Guardian Newspaper’s Travel Photography Competition Answers
Check out The Guardian Newspaper’s Travel Photography Competition reading answers below with explanations and locations given in the text.
3 NOT GIVEN
Have any doubts??? Discuss in the comments ...
If you want the pdf summary of The Guardian Newspaper’s Travel Photography Competition reading passage and answers, please write your email in the comment section below. We’ll send it across at the speed of light.
ALL THE BEST !