IELTS General Test – Passage 01: Mail Order Brochure reading with answers explanation, location and pdf summary. This reading paragraph has been taken from our huge collection of Academic & General Training (GT) Reading practice tests PDF’s.
Mail Order Brochure
Want some great clothing ideas for your family?
Our key for clothing specials in July: M for men W for women C for children
For under $10
Cotton socks C – made of pure cotton for long wearing
Woollen socks C – to keep young feet warm in winter
Sports socks M – to go with jeans and other casual clothes
Patterned belts W – to go with jeans and other casual clothes
For under $25
Cotton shirts W – for day and evening wear
Silk shirts M – five sizes, in designer colours, for that special social occasion
T-shirts C – hard-wearing, white with a variety of animal motifs
Colour T-shirts M W – cotton and polyester blend, plain colours, no ironing
For under $50
Blue jeans M W – non-shrink, colourfast, small sizes only
Silk shirts M W – plain and patterned, all sizes
Hooded jacket C – protects from the wind, 4 sizes, large strong pockets
jacket W – waterproof with zipper front, all sizes
Or you can buy a gift voucher so that someone else can choose. These come in $10, $20 and $50 amounts.
Additional monthly specials for July to September
July – $10 voucher with any purchase over $60
August – Travel alarm clock worth $19.95 free with purchases of $80 or more!
September – Children’s backpacks. Free with any credit card purchase over $75!
Note: Postage and packing charges
These are applied to each order as follows:
$7.95 per address, regular post
$17.95 for Express Delivery Service (overnight)
Surface Mail (allow a minimum of two months for delivery)
Airmail (allow around two weeks delivery to most destinations)
1) IELTS 5 READING PASSAGE – NEW BOOK RELEASES ↗
2) IELTS 5 READING PASSAGE – WORK AND TRAVEL U.S.A ↗
3) IELTS 5 READING PASSAGE – THE WEEK’S BEST ↗
4) IELTS 5 READING PASSAGE – BINGHAM REGIONAL COLLEGE ↗
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text?
In boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet, write:
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
1. Women’s cotton socks cost less than men’s.
2. Men’s silk shirts are available in more than five colours.
3. Children’s T-shirts come in a variety of colours.
4. The child’s jacket has four pockets.
5. If you buy clothes worth $80 in August, you will receive a free alarm clock.
6. The charge for special next-day delivery in Australia is $7.95.
7. All clothing is guaranteed to arrive within two months for international delivery.
Check out Mail Order Brochure reading answers below with explanations and locations given in the text.
1. NOT GIVEN
2. NOT GIVEN
4. NOT GIVEN