General Test (GT) – Passage 06: Personal Computers Available For Public to use reading with answers location, explanation and pdf summary.
Reading Passage 06
PERSONAL COMPUTERS AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC TO USE
• 2 personal computers are available, for a fee of $5.00. There is also an ink jet printer attached to each terminal. The library has a number of commercially available programs for word processing and spreadsheets.
• A4 paper can be bought from the desk if you wish to print your work. Alternatively you can bring your own paper. If you wish to store information however, you will need to bring your own floppy disk.
Because of high demand, a maximum of one hour’s use per person per day is permitted. Bookings may be made up to three days in advance. Bookings may be made in person at the information desk or by phoning 8673 8901 during normal office hours. If for some reason you cannot keep your appointment, please telephone. If the library is not notified and you are 15 minutes late, your time can be given to someone else. Please sign in the visitors’ book at the information desk when you first arrive to use the computer.
Please note that staff are not available to train people or give a lot of detailed instruction on how to use the programs. Prior knowledge is, therefore, necessary. However, tutorial groups are available for some of the programs and classes are offered on a regular basis. Please see the loans desk for more information about our computer courses.
Read the passage about personal computers on the following page and look at the statements below (Questions 14-20).
In boxes 14-20 on your answer sheet write:
TRUE if the statement is true
FALSE if the statement is false
NOT GIVEN if the information is not given in the passage
14. There are two computers and two printers available for public use at the library.
15. You can buy floppy disks at the information desk.
16. The information desk is closed at weekends.
17. It is essential to reserve a computer three days in advance if you want to use one.
18. If you are more than a quarter of an hour late, you could lose your reservation for the computer.
19. Library employees do not have detailed knowledge of computers.
20. The library runs courses for people who want to learn about computers.
Personal Computers Available For Public Answers
Check out Personal Computers Available For Public to use reading answers below with locations and explanations given in the text.
Personal Computers Available For Public PDF
If you want the pdf summary of Personal Computers Available For Public to use reading passage, please write your email in the comment section below. We’ll send it across at the speed of light.
You can buy the complete booklet here at discounted price.
All the best !
|Disclosure: We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we’ll receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. These links help us to offset the costs of running this website. Thanks for understanding!|