IELTS General Test – Passage 16: The best hiking boots reading with answers explanation, location and pdf. This reading paragraph has been taken from our huge collection of Academic & General Training (GT) Reading practice test PDF’s.
The best hiking boots
Whether you’re climbing a mountain or walking in the country, be sure to buy the right boots, writes Sian Lewis
A. Hanwag Tatra Boots
These boots are expensive but will give you a lifetime of wear. They are a wide fit and offer excellent ankle support. They passed our waterproof test when worn on long, rainy walks, although they are a bit heavy.
B. Scarpa Peak Gore-tex Boots
These are good all-round boots that have kept our feet dry in heavy rain, snow and mud. They are warm and comfortable to wear straight out of the box and continue to be so even after many kilometres. A great choice for all seasons.
C. Keen Terradora Ethos
These are meant for spring and summer walks and for putting in your backpack for treks in hot climates. They will never weigh you down. Their soles grip well and despite not being waterproof, they are quick-drying when they get wet.
D. Danner Jag
Danner’s retro boots are one of the heavier ones we reviewed. They take a week or two for your feet to get used to them, but we found them waterproof even in heavy rain. These are boots for the style conscious, but still suitable for demanding walks.
E. Merrell Siren Sport Q2 Mid Boots
We’ve worn these boots in freezing cold conditions and our feet felt comfortable. Remember to pull the laces firmly when you put these boots on as they are rather wide around the ankles.
F. Teva Arrowood Mid WP
The soft leather might not be tough enough for extreme environments, but these boots get top marks for comfort. They’re waterproof, but we found this wore off after about 20 wet walks. You can, however, get round this problem by using a protective spray on them.
G. Regatta Clydebank Mid Boots
These boots are reasonably priced and they performed well in heavy rain. They don’t grip the ground as well as some other boots and aren’t very warm in cold winter weather so we’d say they’re best for country walks in spring and summer.
Look at the seven reviews of hiking boots, A-G. For which hiking boots are the following statements true?
Write the correct letter, A-G, in boxes 1-8 on your answer sheet.
NB You may use any letter more than once.
1. These boots are a good choice for people who want to look smart when they are walking.
2. People do not need to spend time getting their feet accustomed to these boots.
3. These boots should last for many years.
4. People find these boots useful when travelling as they are not heavy.
5. One feature of these boots does not continue to be effective for very long.
6. These boots do not keep the rain out.
7. It is important to make sure these boots are done up tightly before starting a walk.
8. These boots should suit people who don’t want to spend a lot.
1) IELTS 16 READING PASSAGE – FEATHERS IN EUROPEAN HISTORY ↗
2) IELTS 16 READING PASSAGE – BEEKEEPING WORKSHOP AT ELM FARM ↗
3) IELTS 16 READING PASSAGE – SHOULD YOU PAY SOMEONE TO WRITE CV? ↗
4) IELTS 16 READING PASSAGE – HISTORY OF WOMEN’S FOOTBALL IN BRITAIN ↗
5) IELTS 16 READING PASSAGE – STARTING A NEW JOB ↗
Answers with Explanation
Check out The best hiking boots reading answers below with explanations and locations given in the text.
Have any doubts??? Discuss in the comments ...
1 thought on “The best hiking boots: Reading Answers”
Find the Beekeeping workshop IELTS Reading passage with answers over here.