IELTS General Test – Passage 11: The Bike Foundry reading with answers explanation, location and pdf. This reading paragraph has been taken from our huge collection of Academic & General Training (GT) Reading practice test PDFs.
The Bike Foundry
The Bike Foundry aims to promote cycling, and to make an environmentally-friendly means of transport and leisure available to as many people as we can.
All our bikes are hand-restored by our team and come with a three month’s guarantee. We stock bikes to suit different needs, at affordable prices. We gratefully accept donations of unwanted bikes.
We offer maintenance and cycle training to schools and small groups on their own premises. Additionally we provide training to individuals and groups in our workshops.
This is a three-hour course which will teach you everything you need to know to keep on top of simple maintenance issues like looking after brakes and gears and how to repair a puncture. By the end of the course you’ll know how to take good care of your bike.
This twelve-hour course consists of teaching you how to use specialist tools and how to fit compatible replacement parts. It’s aimed at those who have completed Bike Basics or have some prior knowledge.
Courses are run regularly for groups of up to four trainees. We use professional mechanics’ tools and employ experienced staff. Most importantly, we have tea- and coffee-making facilities and a fridge where participants can keep their sandwiches, etc. Unfortunately our training room is up a flight of stairs.
For £10 a year you can join our Tool Club. Membership gives you access to our workshop for one evening a week. If you want to repair your bike and know how to fix it, but lack specialist tools, then join our club. There’s a range of reference manuals available and a mechanic to offer advice.
Our qualified instructors can teach you how to ride your bike, whether you have had prior experience or not. If you’re already riding and would like to build your confidence, we can teach you safe techniques to negotiate traffic.
To book a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask for a 50% deposit to confirm your place, refundable up to seven days before the course.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text below?
In boxes 8-14 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
8. The Bike Foundry sells only second-hand bicycles.
9. All the training sessions are held at the Bike Foundry.
10. The Bike Basics course is aimed at new cyclists.
11. Snacks are provided for participants on the maintenance training courses.
12. Members of the Tool Club have access to cycle reference books.
13. Most of the participants on the Cycling Training courses are beginners.
14. People can cancel their place on a training course one week before it begins and still get their money back.
1) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – EVENING COURSES ↗
2) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – CROSSING THE HUMBER ESTUARY ↗
3) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – HAMBERTON HOSPITAL STAFF BENEFITS ↗
4) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – PERFORMANCE-RELATED PAY ↗
5) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – MARINE ECOSYSTEMS ↗
The Bike Foundry Answers
Check out The Bike Foundry reading answers below with explanations and locations given in the text.
10. NOT GIVEN
13. NOT GIVEN
Have any doubts??? Discuss in the comments ...
The Bike Foundry PDF
If you want the pdf summary of The Bike Foundry reading passage and answers, please write your email in the comment section below. We’ll send it across at the speed of light.
ALL THE BEST !
2 thoughts on “The Bike Foundry: Reading Answers & PDF”