IELTS General Test – Passage 11: Young Fashion Designer UK competition reading with answers explanation, location and pdf. This reading paragraph has been taken from our huge collection of Academic & General Training Reading practice test PDFs.
Young Fashion Designer UK competition
Young Fashion Designer UK is an exciting national competition which aims to showcase and promote the exceptional work achieved by students studying courses in textile design, product design and fashion throughout the UK.
The competition is designed for students to enter the coursework they are currently working on rather than specifically producing different pieces of work. If you would like to add to your coursework, that is for you and your teacher to decide.
You can apply independently or through your school/college. To enter please ensure you follow these steps:
1) Provide three A3 colour copies from your design folder.
You must include:
– initial ideas about the clothing
– a close-up photograph of the front and back view of the finished clothing.
2) Please label each sheet clearly with your name and school (on the back).
3) Print off a copy of your registration form and attach it to your work.
4) Post your entry to the Young Fashion Designer Centre.
Once the entry deadline has passed, the judges will select the shortlist of students who will be invited to the Finals. You will be notified if you are shortlisted. You will need to bring originals of the work that you entered. Each finalist will have their own stand consisting of a table and tabletop cardboard display panels. Feel free to add as much creativity to your stand as possible. Some students bring tablets/laptops with slideshows or further images of work but it should be emphasised that these may not necessarily improve your chances of success.
The judges will assess your work and will ask various questions about it. They will look through any supporting information and the work you have on display before coming together as a judging panel to decide on the winners. You are welcome to ask the judges questions. In fact, you should make the most of having experts on hand!
There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners for each category. The judges can also decide to award special prizes if the work merits this. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive a glass trophy and prize from a kind donor.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text?
In boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
1. Participants are required to create a new item of clothing for the Young Fashion Designer UK competition.
2. Participants must send information about the thoughts that led to the item they are entering for the competition.
3. The shortlist will consist of a fixed number of finalists.
4. Finalists can choose how to present their work to the judges on their stand.
5. It is strongly recommended that finalists support their entry with additional photographs.
6. Questions that the students ask the judges may count towards the final decisions.
7. Extra prizes may be awarded depending on the standard of the entries submitted.
1) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS ↗
2) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – HOW TO MANAGE FLEXIBLE WORKING ↗
3) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – PREVENTING THE THEFT OF TURTLE EGGS ↗
4) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – WORKING FOR A SMALL COMPANY MAY BE BETTER ↗
5) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – WHICH KEYBOARD SHOULD YOU BUY? ↗
Answers with Explanation
Check out Young Fashion Designer UK competition reading answers below with explanations and locations given in the text.
3 NOT GIVEN
6 NOT GIVEN
Have any doubts??? Discuss in the comments ...
5 thoughts on “Young Fashion Designer UK competition: IELTS Reading”
Check ur email
Please i need complete practice test for IELTS general.
Here are the Cambridge IELTS Reading and Listening Practice Tests