IELTS General Test – Passage 18: How to make your working day more enjoyable reading with answers explanation, location and pdf. This reading paragraph has been taken from our huge collection of Academic & General Training (GT) Reading practice test PDF’s.
How to make your working day more enjoyable
Research shows that work takes up approximately a third of our lives. Most of us get so bogged down with day-to-day tasks though, that we easily forget why we originally applied for the job and what we can get out of it. Here are a few ideas for how to make your working day better.
Physical changes to your work environment can make a massive difference to how you feel. Get some green plants or a family photo for your desk. File all those odd bits of paper or throw them away. All of these little touches can make your work environment feel like it’s yours. Make sure any screens you have are at a suitable height so you’re not straining your neck and shoulders.
Humans need a change of environments every now and then to improve productivity. Go out at lunchtime for a quick walk. If you have the option, it’s a good idea to work from home occasionally. And if there’s a conference coming up, ask if you can go along to it. Not only will you practice your networking skills, but you’ll also have a day away from the office.
Use coffee time to get to know a colleague you don’t usually speak to. There’s no point in getting away from staring at one thing though, only to replace it with another; so leave your mobile alone! Another tip is to try and stay out of office gossip. In the long run it could get you in more trouble than you realise.
When you’re trying to focus on something, hunger is the worst thing. If you can, keep some healthy snacks in your desk because if you have something you can nibble on, it will make you work more effectively and you’ll enjoy it more. also, if you’re dehydrated, you won’t be able to focus properly. So keep drinking water.
Finally, if you’ve been dreaming about starting up a big project for some time, do it! There are so many different things you can do to get you enjoying work more each day.
Complete the sentences below.
Choose ONE WORD ONLY from the text for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 15-20 on your answer sheet.
15. Bringing a personal ……………… to work will make the place feel more homely.
16. It is important to check the position of all ……………… before use to avoid pulling any muscles.
17. Leaving the office in the middle of the day may help to raise ………………. later on.
18. It is advisable to avoid checking a ……………….. during breaks.
19. Getting involved in ……………….. at work may have negative results.
20. Having a few ……………….. available can help people concentrate better at work.
1) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – HOW ANIMALS KEEP FIT ↗
2) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – NEW CYCLE PATH TO MARSHBROOK COUNTRY PARK ↗
3) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – STUDY DRAMATIC ARTS AT THORNLEY ↗
4) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – STARTING A NEW JOB ↗
5) IELTS 15 READING PASSAGE – HOW TO GET PROMOTED ↗
Answers with Explanation
Check out How to make your working day more enjoyable reading answers below with explanations and locations given in the text.
Have any doubts??? Discuss in the comments ...
If you want the pdf summary of How to make your working day more enjoyable reading passage and answers, please write your email in the comment section below. We’ll send it across at the speed of light.
ALL THE BEST !