IELTS General Test – Passage 07: North Sydney Council reading with answers explanation, location and pdf. This reading paragraph has been taken from our huge collection of Academic & General Training (GT) Reading practice test PDF’s.
North Sydney Council
North Sydney Council recognises the importance of balancing the demands of your work with the demands of your personal life.
The standard working Week for Full—time council employees is 35 hours For ‘Indoor Staff’ and 38 hours for ‘Outdoor Staff’, worked over 5 days. Indoor staff are able to access the beneﬁt of ﬂexi time. A number of these occasionally work from home where appropriate – an example of an initiative that can provide ﬂexibility at certain stages of an employee’s career.
Staff are entitled to 3 weeks per annum sick or carer’s leave. In addition to the normal parental leave/maternity leave provisions, women who have completed 12 months of continuous service can access a total of 9 Weeks’ maternity leave that can be taken either as 9 weeks at full pay or as 18 weeks at half pay.
The annual entitlement to paid holidays is 20 days, pro-rata for part-time. After 5 years of continuous service, employees are entitled to 6.5 weeks Long Service Leave (LSL).
Our Financial Advice Program is conducted in partnership with FuturePlus Financial Services. We provide the services of advisors specialising in pensions, and all our employees are given the opportunity to meet them as part of the induction process.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a counselling service provided at no charge to all employees and their families. The service is available by phone or face to face. The EAP provides registered psychologists for employees wishing to discuss work or non-work matters conﬁdentially. Employees can also access information, such as articles and self assessments, online via eapdirect.
Answer the questions below.
Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER from the text for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 15-20 on your answer sheet.
15. Which employees may choose not to work regular hours?
16. How much time off each year is an employee able to take to look after a relative?
17. What kind of leave involves a choice between two alternative periods of time?
18. How long must employees have worked without a break before being entitled to additional holidays?
19. What does the Financial Advice Program advise staff about?
20. What kind of professional people can employees see if they want to talk about their job in private?
1) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – BIG ROCK CLIMBING CENTRE ↗
2) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – A BRIEF HISTORY OF AUTOMATA ↗
3) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – REGISTERING AS AN APPRENTICE ↗
4) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – INLAND MAIL CLAIM FORM ↗
5) IELTS 12 READING PASSAGE – DAYS OUT FOR THE FAMILY ↗
North Sydney Council Answers
Check out North Sydney Council reading answers below with explanations and locations given in the text.
15. INDOOR (STAFF/EMPLOYEE)
16. 3 WEEKS
17. MATERNITY (LEAVE)
18. 5 YEARS
20. (REGISTERED) PSYCHOLOGIST
Have any doubts??? Discuss in the comments ...
North Sydney Council PDF
If you want the pdf summary of North Sydney Council reading passage and answers, please write your email in the comment section below. We’ll send it across at the speed of light.
ALL THE BEST !